Sunday, 3 March 2013

Passing on Liebster



From here

Passing on Liebster

Here are the rules for the Liebster Award:

Passed to me from From DFWPTP
Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
Go to their page and tell them about the award.
No tag backs.

Here are the Facts

1 - It is a fact that I am mathematically capable to calculate that, were people to follow the rules, within 11 iterations it would require 41 times the current population of the world to complete. In fact it exceeds it more than 3-fold after 10 iterations.

2 - It is a fact,then, that I will studiously ignore the imperative to pass on this to others, much in the way I would ignore a chain letter. However since this whole thing is a lot friendlier than a chain letter (and I might succumb to a mysterious disease if I don't) I shall continue to do my bit

3 - It is a fact, quite well known among those near and dear to me, that I am lazy. Often this means I will go to extreme lengths to avoid work and effort but it makes sense to me.

4 - I often drive through France with my family, sometimes through the night. Whenever, as soon as we pass the first signpost to Arques, I squawk like a parrot. Loud.

5 - I have lived in the same area for 38 years and can't imagine moving

6 - It's a fact, I spend far too much time each day in front of technology

7 - I never spend too much time on a bike - that's impossible

8 - I one of the select few to have found out what happens when you are wearing bib shorts, seeking to relieve yourself on a ride and let go of the clothing element before the, flow as it were, has ceased. It's not clever and it's not pretty full details available on application.

9 - I am one of the (probably) very few people that can legitimately claim to have got the better of both Rupert Murd0ch and Roger Maxwell

10 - Both I and my two elder brothers have the same middle initials, L & M

11 - I really enjoy knitting but haven't had the time to do any for almost 20 years. That IS my excuse.


The questions I'm supposed to answer:

Does the chewing gum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?
Possibly. In order to determine the correct answer, a double blind test will have to be run with a control sample of tasteless gum. Unfortunately, in order to carry out this test people that chew the substance will have to be found, I understand there are some in America.

Are oysters or clams better?
Clams are the better secret keeper, for sure.


Is Ortlieb better than Arkel? Why?
Ortlieb is ok,but their product range is a bit clunky, if I could I'd choose Arkel because I don't like Germans anyway. You have to be careful not to mention the war.


Do you prefer electric shifting or friction shifters?
Wire me up baby!! I've never had electronic, but I am lusting after an Alfine Di2, the mechanical ones just don't cut the mustard


When was the last time you drove a manual shift motor vehicle?
Is there any other sort?


What is your favorite color?
I'm sorry could you spell that for me? Ah. My favourite planet is EARTH.


Without checking, can you name any country that borders Burundi? If so, which one is your favorite? Feel free to consider it your favourite if you're not from the USA.
I only knew Rwanda, does that HAVE to be my favourite?


When will the LA Dodgers next win the World Series and who will be their opponents?
It's a trick question, right? these are probably real life teams playing some sort of game, at a guess?

Is Wayne Gretzky greater than Jennifer Jones, and WHICH Jennifer Jones did I have in mind?
Zebra.


Which agency of the three following do you like most? IRS, EPA, ICE
ICE, essential for any martini

Was Edison right about electricity, or are you a Tesla fan?
I'm on the Tesla side. He KNEW what leccy could do.

1 comment:

Your thoughts are welcome